FRESH START: 2014 désirés










It is now officially the New Year!  All we can think about is cleaning out our closets to make room for some clean, classic wardrobe staples.  We were really inspired by style icon Olivia Palermo when we saw this pic of her walking in downtown New York.  So effortless, so classic, so chic.  What we love most is the pop of red, it has such a positive energy!  And is so unexpected, especially from her.


Here are items on our über wish list for spring 2014:








1- The White Shirt: You can never have too many white shirts in your wardrobe.  But sometimes it gets redundant, so I really like how this THAKOON long sleeve white shirt has that little jewel trim detail around the neckline.  Also the gathers around the neck make this style equalling flattering on the more 'endowed' ladies (such as myself).

2- Red Pumps: Yes I know that Olivia's pumps are strappy sandals, but I find this to be a little bit more limiting.  I think a classic pump in a vibrant red is more versatile.  The fact that it is in suede makes the color pop all the more.  These are by one of my favorite shoe designers, CHARLOTTE OLYMPIA.  

3- Minimal Lighting: There is this whole 70's / 90's vibe going on for spring 2014.  The one thing that these two decades have in common is minimalism, which could not be better captured by these MICHAEL ANASTASSIADES pendant gold light fixtures.

4- Distressed Indigo Denim: I think I have finally found the perfect jeans for spring 2014!  They are super comfortable with 4% stretch, and they have the perfect indigo blue rinse with just a touch of distress (the ones that I bought have some light tearing on the upper left thigh).  Definitely you need to get these H&M low-rise skinny jeans.

5- Oversized 70's Shades: It almost goes without saying that this looks needs some kind of oversized sunglass.  I prefer these by CHLOE with the slightly lighter tinted lenses (not 100% black), it just feels a little bit more new.

6- Minimal Clutch: I am a clutch fanatic, and this SAINT LAURENT clutch with gold closure is so yummy it is making me salivate as I write this.  Classic.

7- Bling Ring: With all of this classic, minimal stuff going on, I think it is fun to throw in something a little bit kitsch.  This ring by KONSTANTINO, despite being called 'classic', is the perfect thing to tell people that you are not taking yourself too seriously.  That you know how to have fun (even though the price tag is not that much fun).

8- The Mule: Definitely one of the biggest footwear trends for spring 2014 is the mule, so I just could not resist putting it on my list.  Plus, it goes perfectly with the whole look.  This is the MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA mule in leather.  Done.







Labels: