NOSEY / Wang @ the CFDA's





There are so many good things happening with this photo of CFDA Womenswear Design Of The Year nominated Alexander Wang (he didn't win, sadly) with uber-model Anna Ewers and SNL character 'Mango' as portrayed by Chris Katan (one of my all-time favorites):  

 #1 Apart from the fact that Mango is just there, I love his ridiculous leather shorts and sequin beret worn with a too-long cape -- the only reason it looks good is because they are all designed by Wang, I can only assume.
 
#2 Anna's dress is killer with that transparent side panel.  I just wish we could see more of it.


#3 Wang's safety-pin closure on his blazer.

Wang even created a short video to promote his 'T by' line, featuring Mango and Anna in a humorous elevator exchange.  You can see it here.

I always appreciate designers who don't take themselves too seriously (I am one of them). 

Labels: